Thursday, April 15, 2010

Open Post

When I play my computer games, I get really involved and usually spend lots of time on them until I get bored. Sometimes, like it has been happening lately I get too into the games to the point that I start quoting them in my real life. My current game fix is Battlefield an action filled first person shooter which allows you, to drive vehicles, tanks, helicopter and planes in a large map as you conquer the flags. I have been playing it too much, I have to admit, it is addicting, especially when I am playing it on the Internet and the competition is fierce.

The Internet play is very different from the single player mode, there are a lot of gamers out there, that take the game seriously and act like jerks ruining the gaming experience by not following the server rules and ultimately it ends up frustrating the other gamer like me which end up leaving the server. During game play the game uses different commands to communicate with other players, similar to the language used in the armed forces. I have been playing so much that i have started using military lingo in my everyday language. For example instead of saying OK or I agree I have using "roger" and chastising myself mentally while using it. I will end up getting bored of the game as always but hopefully I will never end up playing war craft for a 24 hour period and missing work, sleep and ultimately life. As a matter of fact I fear to go in that direction considering my habits.

No comments: