Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Persuaders Comments

I enjoyed the movie very much and enjoyed the new take on how challenging marketing can be. The initial thoughts of the documentary were though provoking. The documentary stated that when a company becomes involved in the game (the game of consumerism and marketing), it can no longer cease to stop. Because if it does, it will cease to exist due to the extreme competition.

The next idea that triggered my mind during the documentary is that we are moving towards a more advertisement led civilization. In the future where ever we look we will run into some type of advertisement, personalized to our own individual life. The idea reminded me of I-Robot, the movie with Will Smith where he is bombarded by advertisement everywhere he walks or drives personalized to his persona.

Lastly the best part of the documentary for me was the part with the "reptilian guy" who had very interesting takes of how information could be perceived by the consumer and how companies should operate by code. The example that he used of how cheese could be considered dead here in the United States because the way it is wrapped provoked my mind. I never considered cheese to be dead because it was sealed in a bag or as he called it, a "body bag". It was an interesting take on a simple yet funny subject.

No comments: